PE and Sports Premium
At Ellenborough Academy we value all sporting activities.
All pupils have access to a broad PE curriculum. This is supplemented by a large range of enrichment activities.
The school holds an annual day of sport where children are given the opportunity to take part in a range of activities.
The school takes part in a range of inter and intra-school competitions with schools across the Maryport cluster but the main aim is for pupils to improve their fitness, improve their competency but also to enjoy sport.
School employs a variety of specialist sports coaches and to ensure that children have access to high quality sports teaching, and that staff are able to see how children learn the skills associated with sports, and how these skills are built on.
All Key Stage 1 pupils have a weekly swimming lesson during the summer term.
Throughout the year, the children will access a weekly yoga session. This will help children to learn the knowledge and skills required to regulate their behaviour and control their emotions appropriately.
The sports funding this year is being used to:
- Develop leadership of PE & Sports at all levels (from children to governors)
- Enhance our inter school sports provision by creating a bespoke sports calendar within the Maryport Cluster.
- Develop a love for sport with extra curricula provision.
- Ensure that all children leave Key Stage 1 with swimming skills that prepare them well for their learning in Key Stage 2.
- Encourage a love for dance.